Monday, January 4, 2016

New Year, New Blog! Happy 2016!!

Happy New Year Everyone!

I know it has been almost 5 months since the last time I wrote, I blame that on my busy school schedule until the end of November and then I blame it on procrastination, laziness, and the inability to bring my laptop to the beach.

I will sum up August, September, October, and November as the hardest semester of my life. They were not kidding when they said it is the hardest semester in law school but when you combine, evidence, company, equity & trusts, and social justice clinic together, it works out to having absolutely no time at all. The girls and I went months without going out because our noses were buried deep in books. But as I watched my social life disappear (not that I have much of one) with glass of wine in hand and eyes squinted at the computer screen trying to make sense of another journal article I was sure to forget once the assignment was finished, I moved on to year 3 aka the last year of my degree aka the last year of university ever because I will never be stupid enough to think I need to further my education again!!!

In October I did venture home yet again, for yet again, another wedding. My wonderful friend Amanda got married, and although I don't have the professional pictures from that wedding yet, I do have one from the photobooth!


I don't know how the bride got stuck in the back, she definitely should have been front and centre, but oh well it is an absolutely adorable picture of us all. Hopefully when she eventually gets the photos from the photographer I can post them all on facebook for the world to see!

And because I was home in October, I made my mom have early Thanksgiving because Australians are weird and don't celebrate this holiday! So she made me a turkey with all the fixings the day before I left, and I ate way to much and it was amazing!! Also some genius decided we should get a family photo that night (minus the sister-in-laws, no idea where they disappeared to...) and I totally forgot I had it until I was scrolling through my photos and found it a few weeks ago!


I'm actually pretty impressed we are all looking at the camera and not pinching, punching, or kicking one another. It's a normal family picture!!

When I got back to Australia, Meena and I hosted our annual thanksgiving at our place (2 years in a row can be called annual right?) We had chicken with all the fixings, and I tried my hand at making candied sweet potatoes for the first time, and omg were they ever delicious!! 


Lots of wine, lots of good food, and lots of good friends. This is my Australian family from left to right - Meena, Hillary, Matt, Mike, Amber, Phil, Paulina, Nicole, Alex, and Me! 


And these are the girls that constantly get me into trouble (just kidding), but we have bonded over the past 2 years over wine, beer, sunburns, wearing pink on Wednesdays and our hate for certain law subjects.

After Thanksgiving was cram for finals time and after cram for finals time was beach time. So here enjoy some random photos of after finals enjoying life in the land down under! 



At the top we have us drinking beer celebrating finishing our second year of law school, and on the bottom you have Amber and I waiting for some bevvies after a hot afternoon at the beach, then in the middle with Meena a very rare picture to see her at the beach and with her toes in the water! And the last one with Amber, was when we decided it would be a smart idea to shield the sun in our eyes by wearing sunglasses for endless hours and ending up with racoon eyes. My excuse was that brain power was exhausted during finals and it was not replenished by the time that decision was made!

Then New Years Eve rolled around and off to Sydney I went along with 2 million other people trying to watch the same fireworks I was watching. Needless to say they were amazing! And although the crowds made me dislike mankind, I would probably go and see them again! The photos and even video do not do them justice. 







When I get home and get my brother to help me with the technical compute stuff to make things look pretty and such, I hope to add a whole album of the fireworks!

I will be coming back to Canada in the next few weeks to help prepare and celebrate my best friends wedding, and once that wedding is complete, no more weddings...ever! 

Happy 2016 Everyone!!






No comments:

Post a Comment