Sunday, March 23, 2014

Jam Packed Week!

Remember how I told you this week was going to be insanely busy?!?! Well that was a complete understatement! I am only about 50 hours behind on sleep, but that's alright because it was fun! 

Monday was St. Patricks Day! 🍀 I'm usually not one to celebrate but as my friends are ex-bartenders they don't ever turn down a celebration, so I put on a green shirt and found an Irish pub and had some fun! The Irish pub I'm referring to is called Finnigans hotel, yes I know weird, and it was more of a bar than a pub, but apparently it's the closest one can get to Irish in this country! Also they call bars hotels which is weird, it's 3 floors of different dance floors, but definitely no rooms for you to lay your head down and fall asleep! I got home super late, thank goodness Tuesday is a day of rest!

Tuesday was a lets try and catch up on homework day! I pretty much failed at that attempt, and turned it into a lets catch up on TV shows kind of day! That evening, I went to listen to the "Great Debate" where students and teachers debate each other on a provided topic, the topic this year was "should university make you life ready or job ready?" It was amazing, and super funny, got my laughs in that night!  The teachers won, but hopefully there is a rematch because I definitely won't hesitate to attend it! Also on Tuesday I found out I got a scholarship, which made me very happy, and kind of made me feel smart! Yay go me! That's my little bragging blurb, I'll stop now 😃

On Wednesday I went to a movie with Meena, she's my new movie junkie friend, cause she is addicted to new releases and popcorn as much as I am! We saw non-stop, I was kind of weary about the storyline cause the whole movie takes place on a plane, but one shall never doubt Liam Neason and his ability to make a fabulous storyline come to life! After I got home from the movie I rushed off to an event for a group I signed up with called 'University of Newcastle Student Exhange Network' or UNSEN, it's basically a group of people who are studying abroad or who want to study abroad and help each other with connections in there home country. I met a few people but mostly Amber and I just drank beer, it was so hot, and super humid! (It's really the humidity that kills you and makes you drink beer!) After That we came back to my place (cause I'm the only one with air conditioning in my room) and started working on our hockey jerseys (I'll get more to that on Friday), but we painted and chatted and had a lot of fun, till it was way past my bedtime.

Thursday was my day of rest, well except for contracts, contracts makes my head hurt! I don't know what it is about that class, but I just can't wrap my head around my profs teachings! After class I out on my comfy shorts and caught up on my crim homework, and went to bed early, which seemed like a good idea till I was woken up at 3 in the morning by the ridiculous children who live in this dorm and have no respect for others, because they think it's totally fine to yell and shout up and down a hallway. Completely rude, I have inmates that behave better than these college students (I also love how I refer to inmates like an animal, something I own and control), it's just easy to make my point that way!

Friday was an awesome day! Crim in the morning (love that class, but I'd never be a crim lawyer), then after school I had my first online law test (eeeek!) it was on torts, it was pretty basic, nothing to exciting, our prof just wanted to see where our knowledge level was at after 3 weeks of class. After the test, Amber and I started drinking wine, yes we know it was 2 in the afternoon, but we figured that wine would help us figure out what absolute liability meant, and give us some examples of it. It didn't, but we did have some other really good conversations about life, especially life back at home, and how we do secretly miss it, but we also secretly know that being here in Australia is the right thing for us! Also don't judge us for starting to drink so early, I'm German, and she is Ukrainian, so all in all that should be a good enough excuse! At around 5:00, Meena and Renee came over and we got ready to go out for our very first extra-curricular law event. It was Olympic themed, hence the hockey jerseys, we went as the women's gold medal hockey team, we had hockey sticks, and gold medals, and everything. 



It was a super fun night, we danced and partied till the wee hours of the morning when it became my Australian birthday, and then I went home. I couldn't stay awake any longer (I'm 26 now, I'm getting old, can't party like I used to...not that I used to party). 

Saturday was my Australian birthday! Google even knew it was my birthday, 

See?!?! How awesome is that! Google is my new friend, but google also made me miss cupcakes...
Saturday was a total waste of a day, I stayed in bed till 11, then I got up for lunch, then I went back to bed until 430, when I got up to go out for supper. My friends took me out to the landing for supper, which is on honeysuckle, my favourite place in newcastle, I ordered a cocktail to drink, did you know cocktails as in a paralyzer which is technically half milk, costs $16, yup $16, completely outrageous, this is why I have been converted to beer, $5 for a schooner is a little more reasonable! After supper we went to the ice cream place and I had some lemon gelato, (not as good as the place on Hamilton street, but it hit the spot). We then took the bus home, and I swear it must have been a full moon because holy smokes were there crazies out! Like unreal crazies! And not just crazy, but I mean absurdly dumb people as well. I just don't understand some people in today's work and how they function in society! Anyways I was all snuggled up in bed last night by 10 and had a very peaceful sleep. This is the super awesome birthday present I got from my super awesome friends here in Aussie Land! 

Don't judge, you know you want one too!

Today is my real birthday, or my Canadian birthday, and I must admit I'm a little homesick today, not being able to spend the day with my family, but that's alright, I know they will eat the cake for me! I spent the day doing my torts assignment, my very first case analysis! (I hope I did it right...)

Mom you should be proud of me, I have an assignment due in the morning and I'm done it and have submitted it before 4am! I am becoming less of a procrastinator! 😉 Tonight I watched scandal and suits and ate some popcorn, which by the way Australians totally scam you on popcorn check out there "full size bag" 
Believe me it looks bigger in the picture than it does in real life!

So anyways that was my crazy hectic week, and this week I am guaranteeing myself it will be boring, because I'm going to make it that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment