Sunday, February 2, 2014

Airplanes and Airports

I'm finally on my way to Vancouver, only going to get there 10 hours late. My journey started this morning at 7:00, with my parents dropping me off at the airport and after I checked my bags, I said a very teary eyed good bye to them.

I boarded my plane on time and as I stared out the window during take off, I said good bye to the flat prairies and snow, cause who knows when I'll see them again. Little did I know, we'd be back on the ground in Regina in a little over half an hour due to mechanical problems. So back in Regina, we a given the stay tuned for updates treatment, a little after an hour we are told that anyone with connecting flights should report to the Air Canada desk to reschedule there flights. So down I trek and get in the never ending line, and 3 hours later I am told, no need for me to reschedule my flight as they are bringing in mechanics and the part and we will be on our way in no time. Fast forward to 6 pm, and we are still waiting to hear if they can fix it, which I found very unnerving as I still have a connection to make tonight! But sometimes the unexpected happens so you just have to take it with a grain of salt. 

Finally 730 pm rolls around and the problem is fixed and we can start boarding, and yes, I am the first one on the plane, I did not wait this long to miss my flight! Finally they fueled up and de-iced the plane and we are up, up, and away. 

My last view of Regina was from the sky and it was beautiful, the city was all lit up with lights, and as much as I hate to admit it, I am going to miss that little city and everyone in it. As I'm typing this, I am getting teary eyed again, I may be overly emotional for quite some time when someone mentions home, but that's okay, cause my new adventure starts here and as my wonderful cousin put it, "You're 25 years old, homeless with no phone and that makes you pretty badass!"

Sending love from somewhere in the sky over Alberta!

No comments:

Post a Comment