Saturday, February 22, 2014

Nobby's Beach

There is a ridiculous party going on outside my dorm right now, and I can hear the DJ playing some terrible music, so naturally, I am hiding out in my room, syncing up my new iPhone and not so new iPad and blasting some super awesome country tunes to drown out the party!

Yesterday I went to the beach with Renee and Amber, it was fantastic! It was a bit chilly when we first got there but it turned out to be quite a warm day, and I got a bit sunburned, especially my nose! Renee and I once again took the bus again because the beach is about a 2 hour walk from the University. I knew we had to get off on the very last stop, or that was my guess anyways. So we hung out on the bus for 45 minutes, until we stopped and everyone got off except us, and the driver had to tell us we had to get off here. So we got out and continued to the beach on foot. The park that you have to walk through is gorgeous. There were some very different types of trees. 




Amber met us at the beach, and we kicked our shoes off and walked on the beautiful white super soft sand. As we were walking across the sand, I realized that it squeaks, I'm not sure why, but it sounds funny! It was a super relaxing afternoon, just laying on my towel working on my tan, and then when I got to hot, I would walk on the beach in the water, which surprisingly quite cool.


The water was crystal clear, and although there were some weeds, they were nothing like the seaweed at home. I walked along the shoreline and found some sea shells that were super bright in color. The picture doesn't do the vibrancy of the colors justice! Nothing like the "sea shells" we have at home!


After collecting shells I dried my feet and legs off in the sun!


I didn't think I tanned that much here, but now looking that picture of my feet, I see I have a nice flip flop tan going on! We relaxed on the beach for several hours, watching school kids play games on the beach, and some other kids trying to learn to surf, and then we saw this. And because I saw it and it was one of the most unpleasant things I have seen in a very long time, I shall provide my readers with this wonderful image as well. 

Now that I have scared most of you for life, I should point out that this is the norm down here from what I have seen. Nothing like the board shorts the guys wear back at home!

When we left the beach we walked went for a mid-afternoon snack, we walked down Darby Street, which is a street full of café's. I believe the cafe we went to was called Sawyer's, (I could be wrong don't quote me) but I had this chili squid, and it was so yummy! Amber ordered a cheese platter and I then knew we would be great friends because she confessed to me that she can not live without cheese, crackers, and pickles. It's a good thing we aren't roommates or we would be severely malnourished! But I had to take a picture of her platter because it just looked so pretty, you wouldn't get anything like this in Regina. Especially not for $15!


So simple and effortless, yet so delicately put together!

Today I went to the mall and I bought myself a phone finally! I've been without one for three weeks and I have never felt so naked in my life! At home my phone became such a part of me that I didn't know what to do with myself without one. I had to take a camera with me to take pictures, I couldn't look up the weather, I couldn't check my emails, or facebook, or pinterest when I was bored waiting for the bus. I couldn't text my friends and family at home whenever I thought of something to tell them, and most importantly I couldn't apply for a job because I didn't have a contact number for future employers! I guess I no longer have an excuse to not look for a job! So this is the cute little case I bought to protect my new phone.


I think it screams me, and I have said hello in 7 of those languages in the countries they belong to! Such a seasoned traveller that I am!

I don't have anything else to say for tonight, except that I hope the music and party doesn't last till the wee hours of the morning again because I would like some sleep! I shall leave you with some beach pictures to envy and hate me over while you shiver in you sweaters by your fireplaces at home!















No comments:

Post a Comment